Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Humphrey's Hall :) haha.


Before I tell you guys about all the great people I met in Arkansas, I want to tell you about the amazing people I went on the trip with.

First up, the guy who was the leader of the trip, Tim Reneau. My family has known Tim and his family for around 5 years now...he was the youth pastor at Rainbow City Church of God which is right down the road a little ways from my dad's church in Attalla. We had done some things with them and kept in touch once he went to Northport Church of God as College and Career pastor but last September they booked Eddie James Ministries through my mom and we got reconnected in a way. When he asked me to go on the trip back in March I was ecstatic and I just knew the Lord was going to do something and booyyyyy did He!!!!! Tim is now a Senior Pastor in Sylacauga, Alabama at a church called New Harvest. God is already doing some great things...I ask that you pray for him and his family in this season of their ministry!

Through Tim and Rainbow City COG, I met Katie Marie Akins and so I was really excited to find out that she was going on the Arkansas trip. KM and I have known each other just as long as I've known Tim and his family but we've had camp experiences together and that brings people together...let me tell ya! LOL! Anyway...KM and I had a blast on the trip. It was tough being the only 2 girls but in the end, it was proven best and we came out with new brothers! We learned a lot about guys...that's for sure! KM is an amazing woman of God and I'm glad to call her my sister!

Next up is the lead singer and acoustic guitar player, Tyler Dennis (aka Tennis). Tyler is 23 and is from the Guntersville area and got hooked up with Tim and Northport crew via University of Alabama. Yup, Tyler is a student there. He's a Sports Medicine major if I recall correctly. Tyler is a great guy and he's a lot of fun to sing with. He is also very entertaining...strike that...all four of the guys in Crave (aka Humphrey's Hall [lol]) are entertaining.

Ok, let's see. Eli. Eli Howard. 19-year-old who grew up Nazarene, right? I think so. Anyway, he and his family have been at Northport COG for a while now. He's a great bass player...that's what he plays in the band...bass. He's proving to be a good friend as well. He reminds me a lot of the guy that's always been like my brother, Brandon. Eli is crazy but has a great heart. And he's a girl magnet too...hahaha!!! Oh yeah...he's a Junior at the University of Alabama.

Jeff, the drummer. Jeff Brown is like, 25 and is the dad of the group...not really. Eli acts more like the dad than Jeff. But Jeff has also proven to be a great friend as well. I have talked to him almost every day since we returned from Arkansas and no, I can't say that about any of the others. Jeff is also a student at University of Alabama.

Nathan Gerdau. Let's see...where to begin...LOL! Nathan is 19 and from what I understand is pursuing music at Shelton State. I miss being a music major...I miss my music! LOL. Random. Nathan is our musical genius...that's what I joke about anyway. He plays the electric guitar as well as keyboard. He sings too but just not with the band...which I've questioned "why not" many times. haha. He's an interesting character who is, at times, just as entertaining as Tyler. Tyler and KM joked that they were the opposite sex versions of each other and I kinda joke that Nathan is the opposite sex of me...things he says somtimes I'm just like...really? Creepy.

Another visitor went with us, Chris Massey. He was interesting...if I remember correctly he's a 25-year-old youth pastor who attends church at a COG here in the Birmingham area. He took a lot of the pictures of us on stage and videos...addiction anyone? haha.

Anyway...those are the people I went with. I just noticed I had really been talking about these people and hadn't really "introduced" you all to them.

Much love and many blessings,
Amber ;)

P.S. If you ever need a praise band for an event, give me a buzz. I might can hook you up with this great group I know...haha.

No comments: