Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Jonas Brothers [updated]

I got my Brio & Beyond magazine in the mail today and I had to message the Jonas Brothers because of some of the content. This is the email I sent [and yes, the reason for the message is included].

Why does it seem that all at once, you guys are [maybe] trying to drop the "good boy" image?!?!
Or maybe, this is just a HUGE misunderstanding that you guys [as in Kevin, Joe and Nick - with your parents] need to handle.

I was honestly, not a fan until I found out you guys were PKs [in my Brio & Beyond magazine from November last year, I believe]. Being a PK myself, I love the stand you guys have taken out there in 'the world' you could say.

I got my Brio & Beyond magazine in the mail today and I flipped to the Dear Susie section where a girl wrote in..."I love the Jonas Brothers and can't wait to see a feature on them in Brio & Beyond!" Susie replied with a huge column which reads as follows...
"Don't hold your breath. They said they wanted to do an interview with us, so we planned two features. One would be an inside feature in which they'd answer questions submitted by our readers through e-mail. The second would be a cover story in which I'd interview them personally. I sent 15 questions submitted by our readers - each Jonas would answer 5 - plus a bonus question that all three would answer. Many of the questions our readers asked dealt with faith and purity. I was excited about receiving their responses! We'd heard they were Christians and all wore purity rings. Imagine my disappointment when their publicist wrote me back and said they're finished discussing "purity rings and extremely personal questions and want to focus on the music." I emphasized that because we're a Christian magazine, we naturally want them to discuss their faith and their purity a little before we dove into their music. But it's a no-go. They're refusing..." [Brio & Beyond magazine - July 2008]

The column continues about how disappointed so many teenage and young adult girls are about this.

I certainly am. I am hoping this is a thing with your publicist and not you guys because honestly, I don't know how I could be a fan of people who talked and talked and talked about their faith and purity in magazine, after magazine, after magazine and then all of a sudden, when they have an interview with a Christian magazine, they can't talk about it.

I don't expect a reply, but an explanation would be nice.

Remember where you came from, never forget, you have PKs all over the US [and world, more than likely] watching.

God bless,
Amber <33

So yeah. I don't expect a reply but maybe they'll feel bad enough to send me one.

I am going to be soooooo mad if this is all true. Gah. Who thought people I didn't even know could let me down?!?!

**UPDATE**

I found this quote on ima-fan.net, a Jonas site that has all stuff for your Myspace.

"Even songs we write today, if you really listen to the lyrics, it can be about love songs, but it's also about our relationship with God. We're Christian guys in a rock -n- roll band." - Joe Jonas

Um...makes it interesting doesn't it.

No comments: